The Lyric Theatre is a not-for-profit theater located in downtown Blacksburg.
The original Lyric opened in 1909 and moved to its current location in 1930 as one of the first movie theaters to show sound pictures. In 1989, the Lyric stopped operating as a movie theater, but was rented as a classroom for Virginia Tech and as the Democratic Party Headquarters. Renovations were made in 1998 and the theatre reopened in October 1998. It continues to operate as a movie theater and community center.